Pages

1.08.2012

Ringing in a New Year

So, New Years. I guess this should be a post about resolutions and ways I'm planning on making myself a better person in 2012. Blah blah. I kind of lost the drive to write that kind of post after reading the other twelve million blogs that said the same thing. Everyone wants to stop gossiping about other people and eat more fresh veggies. I just want to get through one day without losing my glasses or car keys. If both of those things happened in one day, I could consider the year a success.

If I see the phrase "fresh veggies" one more time, I will voluntarily slam my fingers in a car door. It's as if shortening the word vegetable makes them better for you.

In a quick summary, 2011 was a great year. A move, a new job, and um, hello....Taylor and I got engaged.

So far 2012 is shaping up to be a pretty good year too. A wedding, Taylor will start his new career, and we will (hopefully) be moving out of Smell Rio. If our time on the border is extended, at least we will be together and close to family.

If I was on top of things, I would have a slideshow with pictures from the past year and the perfect song. I actually created one, but after it uploaded for 30 minutes, I realized that I had 20112 on the title page. I don't have the patience to do that again, so you'll have to settle for looking back at my blog posts from the past year.

I'm hoping the next few months fly by because I'm ready for our wedding to get here. I'm starting to have major anxiety over the little details. I just don't want the day to get here and realize I've forgotten to get my dress altered or that nobody shows up after I've stressed over all these silly details. Also, who let me plan a wedding for the week after Taylor gets his new assignment? All of these events culminating in such a short time is going to make me lose all my hair. So that's why I need these things to hurry up and get here, I've got too much time on my hands to worry over nothing!

Here's to hoping that in 2012 I don't lose my mind!



1 comment:

Cameron said...

If I'm forced to eat fresh veggies one more time....I didn't even resolve to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews