Pages

2.04.2010

New Routines

This past week, I decided that I was going to try to get back into some sort of workout routine.  So, I stepped foot into the Rec center for the first time in TWO years.

When I realized this milestone, I had two thoughts: Holy cow I haven't worked out in two years. And Holy cow I'm about to graduate.

Since it has been so long since I stepped foot on an elliptical machine or lifted weights, I thought I was going to be out of my mind sore. Surprisingly though, I haven't been sore at all!

Hopefully that doesn't mean that I'm doing it all wrong.

So far, I have been going about an hour a day and my routine is:

15-20 minutes of cardio on elliptical
5 sets of 10 reps on the leg butterfly machine thingy (that's its technical name by the way)
5 sets of 10 reps on the sitting rowing machine
250 crunches/sit-ups (I think I need to add more of these)

My main goal from getting back into a workout routine is just to stay active. I always feel so much better after working out. My other goal is to have better muscle tone.

So, here's a funny story from my first day back at the rec. I went on Monday after I got off work at 5 and I knew it would probably be kind of crowded, but I honestly had no idea what was in store. There was some sort of event going on in Reed Basketball Arena across the street so there wasn't any available parking there. For some reason parking at the rec is incredibly limited, so since there wasn't overflow across the street, it was PACKED. I drove around the lot for TWENTY MINUTES trying to score a spot. I almost got run over so many times and I had three parking spots stolen from me by some extremely rude people.

It doesn't even end there though.

I walked into the rec and could barely get from one end to the other because of all the people! I've never seen it that crowded. I couldn't find a locker for my bag, so I ended up having to walk back out to my car to put my stuff up instead of waiting in line for someone to come and empty their locker. And then I came back in and tripped over part of the new rock climbing wall. Talk about embarrassing.

It took me a little while to find an open elliptical machine and then I didn't get to use any of the weight machines because I didn't really feel like standing awkwardly beside someone waiting for them to finish. And plus, I was in a hurry to get through so I could watch the new episode of the Bachelor. (Priorities, people)

I'm excited to get back into a workout routine, but I know it won't do much good if I don't start eating right, too. That is my biggest problem. Crappy food is just SO easy to make!

Also this week, I decided to send my Aggie Ring back to Balfour to have it resized. When I ordered it, it was a little snug but I decided to just live with it. Then it got to the point where I was taking it off during the day because it was so uncomfortable. So, as much as I hated to, I parted with my ring and will hopefully have it back in about a month and a half. I already feel weird without it. Sometimes, I'll look down at my hand and realize it's not there and then have a mini-panic attack thinking I've set it down somewhere and lost it.

I promise I haven't lost my mind, it just takes breaks sometimes.

This weekend I am going to Houston to lead a group of high school girls for a couple of days with Kirsten. I'm excited about it, but also nervous because it's going to require me to step out of my comfort zone a little bit. Hopefully I won't make an idiot out of myself like usual. (Open mouth, insert foot is the norm for me)

AND NEXT WEEK...I'm going to Colorado for Taylor's 100's weekend. It marks the 100th day until graduation and he will also find out where he will be going for pilot training!

I'm crossing my fingers for TEXAS! Woohoo! Same state dating!

*Here's a picture of me and my brother ages 4 and 5 months. I was apparently NOT happy about sharing the picture with someone else. This was also at Christmas time, so I'm really not sure why my parents dressed me in a tank top. Also, please notice Jesse's Texas A&M onesie! Woo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews