Pages

7.13.2011

Who even knows

Today was definitely...one of "those" days. The kind of day that makes you either laugh or cry.

Luckily, I laughed.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Wednesday. The cable guy is coming to Taylor's house on Wednesday so I decided to head over to base around noon so I could eat some of Taylor's food for lunch. Halfway there, Hitler started dinging at me that I had low tire pressure. "No big deal, I'll just check on it once I get on base," I thought. Wrong. I didn't know car dings could get louder and more obnoxious, but oh boy did it ever. I decided that maybe it would be a good time to pull over and give it a checky-roo. At this point, I got a little upset because not only do Del Rioans not understand the whole "Right Lane, Slow Lane" concept, they also missed the "switch to the other lane when there's a stranded motorist on the side of the road" memo. Um, RUDE.

Anyways, I got out to check my tire and it was flatter than a pancake and still whooshing air. I called Taylor on the off chance that he was home for lunch and happened to catch him with just enough time to come to my rescue. I wanted to take a picture of him changing the tire so I could be funny with it later, but then I got some situational awareness and decided against it. Probably woulda been a not so funny choice.

After some German car-Volkswagen rants, he got my spare on and sent me on my way back into town so I could get the flat fixed. As I was leaving, I asked if Taylor was going to still need me at the house by 1 so I could let the cable guy in. He looked at me kind of funny and said, "uh, yeah...tomorrow."

So...I was on my way to base for no reason and got a flat tire.

This past weekend, Taylor gave me a free oil change gift certificate at the Chevy dealership in town. He changes his own oil (la-dee-dah) so he didn't need it and Hitler was in need of some new oil. I have no idea who in this town is reputable and who isn't so I figured I might as well get a free oil change and have them fix my tire all at the same time. Boom. Two birds with one stone.

I was at the dealership for FOUR hours waiting on an oil change and a fixed flat. At one point, the mechanic came to the waiting area to ask me where a part was. Seriously. I mean, I know it was free and all but I feel like they could have made a little more effort.

After going stir-crazy at the dealership and explaining to someone why his rationale for buying a car was ridiculous, I was finally able to go to my original destination.

I decided to attempt to make baked buffalo chicken pasta for dinner tonight. It was almost my first cooking fail. (All my other fails have been baking related.) I think that when cooking and baking, you should not use fat free milk. It never thickens right. I used my milk disaster anyways and even 30 minutes past the recommended 25 minutes in the oven, the chicken was STILL not fully cooked. So I had to dig out the 30 or so pieces and put them in a skillet and then add them back to the pasta and stir it all up again.  Everyone said they liked it, but once again...I think they were being nice. I'll get my real answer once I tell Taylor that I'm making it for dinner again. If he says, "um, maybe you shouldn't" then I'll know the truth!

I think my Keep Calm and Carry On homescreen on my iphone is really starting to rub off on me. I did not let ANY of today's frustrations ruin the rest of my day. It's either the phone or that I'm maturing. Who really knows?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews