Pages

9.05.2011

Confessions

This weekend, Taylor has been in Lubbock dove hunting and doing other manly stuff while I stayed in town for work. I missed him lots (gag, I know) but it was also nice to relax by myself for a couple of days. After work on Saturday, I came home and took a shower and then changed into my pajamas for the night. I kept thinking that my shirt felt really weird, but I couldn't figure out why. Later on I caught a glimpse of my reflection and realized that I had actually put my t-shirt on backwards. Even though nobody was there to witness it, I still felt like a big ding-dong.

Last night, I actually sat and watched the entire A&M game. I miss Aggieland so much. Oh nostalgia. The real life with all of these bills and responsibilities and such is way less fun than procrastinating homework. I should probably mention that as I was watching the game, I was simultaneously filling out my budget for the month. Now that was a reality check. Sometimes I wonder how I never managed to go broke in college and ate out ALL the time.

Apparently in Del Rio, the first weekend of the month is when everyone decides to come across the border and do their Wal-Mart shopping. I did not know this until after my visit to the Wal-Mart. I was so frustrated the entire time I was shopping and even though weekends are usually busier, this was outrageous. It was like in high school when the bell rang. Except instead of backpacks, everyone was using their baskets as bumper cars to get down the aisles. I just wanted to get my orange juice and get out of there with my achilles tendons attached.

In the parking lot on my way out of the store, I saw this giant tahoe with "She think my tahoe is sexy" written across the windshield. Think. Not thinks. I wanted to take a picture of it so bad, but just as I was getting my camera out, a family started to get into the sexy tahoe. It totally made up for almost losing my mind in the store.

The weather here changed in just a couple of hours' time. It went from 95 degrees to 78. I have just begun to accept that every day is going to be miserably hot so I didn't even bother to check my weather app before I got dressed. Also, I decided today that I was going to let my hair air dry and go curly. As soon as I stepped outside this morning, I had this weird moment where I was completely dumbfounded by what was going on. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I got 2 hours of sleep last night and things just weren't processing right or maybe it was because I couldn't remember what this kind of weather felt like. All I know is that semi-wet hair and the lower temperatures had me shivering as I was driving.

Speaking of the wet hair. After I got out of the shower this morning, I was getting ready for the day and walking in and out of my bathroom. In the house I live in, we have marble floors throughout the entire house. So as I was doing my hair, some of the water/product got onto this marble floor and as I was coming back into the bathroom, my foot found the puddle and I slipped. Ouch. Luckily I caught myself before an ER trip was necessary but there was a split second in there when I didn't think I was going to make it.

I'm refusing to use the title "randoms" again for a while so I'm getting creative in the meantime. Really the only thing I confessed is that I wore my shirt backwards for a couple of hours without realizing it. Clever, I know.

In other news, tomorrow is Track for Taylor's pilot training class. Phase 2 is over! We find out whether he gets T-1's or T-38's in the morning and then it's on to Phase 3 until next March/April! Almost there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I'm reading correctly that you're from Frost, then it is a small world. I grew up in Corsicana!

I live in Ft. Worth now and am class of '02. Thanks for your sweet comment about my son. He is my absolute pride and joy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews