Pages

4.27.2009

Until Now...

I am going to get this started with a crash course on all that is happening in the wonderful world of LBMM . . .

First of all . . .
I just got back to Bryan yesterday after being home with my poor dad for the past four days. He broke his ankle in THREE places last week and has been confined to either bed or the couch. Now as much as my dad likes to relax, he was not a fan of this situation at all. So I tried to make him as comfortable as possible and we enjoyed lots and lots of movie marathons. It was so great to get to spend that time with him since we are both usually so busy that we don't get to just sit and talk.

Funny story--on the night he broke his ankle and they had given him "the good stuff" he told me that from now on he would pay for my trips to Colorado. We shall see if he remembers that once the next one comes around though!

Moving on . . .
there are only 2 weeks until I am out of school for the semester! I have lots to do until then but I am looking forward to putting this semester behind me. Is anybody else with me in thinking the semesters are about 4 weeks too long?? After a few of weeks filled with work I will start summer school. I don't know whether or not to be excited about that because I am taking (gasp) 19 hours! But once it is here and then ultimately finished in August, I will be that much closer to being D-U-N. Done. And let me tell you, I can't wait for that day.


Also . . .
as of today, Taylor's Ring Dance is 24 days away! That may seem like a long time but we are more than halfway there since the last time I saw him. I can't wait. I have everything booked and I may or may not already be packed. (Just kidding)
Just this past friday, I even found my super-amazing dress! I guess I forgot when/how to shop for a formal dress since I haven't done so in about 3 years. Apparently you have to move fast or those sneaky little high school girls will get their grubby little hands on all of the good ones! I found a dress that I really liked about a month ago but it was online- I don't really care to buy a dress online that can't be returned so I really wanted to find a store that carried it. WELL-not only did I not find a store with it but apparently it was completely sold out everywhere. Talk about good taste! Everyone wants that dress! One store even told me it could take up to 10 weeks to get a new one shipped in. So I decided to shop around at some stores but came up with nothing! Finally I went to a store in Waxahachie while I was home and came across the most wonderful person ever. She was so nice and helpful and ordered the dress for me and it will be here early next week! Nice people just make my day.


And finally . . .
I have to brag on Taylor! He got his pilot spot last week!! He was so excited (duh) and I am just so proud of him!

I wish I had a sweet picture to post but unfortunately my camera hasn't shown its face in quite some time. Maybe next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews