Pages

9.16.2009

Catch up...has it already been a week?

I don't even know what day it is and I can't believe that another week is flying by. For me, as always, life is pretty simple. I go to work, my classes (haven't missed one yet!) and then come home. Then my day is done. I don't know where the hours in between class/work and bedtime go but I haven't gotten anything accomplished during those hours in about 3 1/2 weeks. (I still have the top part of my desk sitting in a box that I bought 2 weeks before school started) It's rather sad actually. I have been able to successfully manage my time during the hours of 8-5 but once those are over...I'm done for. 


Tonight I went to Breakaway on campus. It's a weekly ministry usually in Reed Arena or Rudder Tower that includes worshipping through songs and then a message from Ben Stuart. This guy is so awesome. He takes passages from the Bible and translates them into real events happening in real time and puts things into such perspective that it really makes me think for a long long time after I've gone home. It offers such a nice break from everyday life because it's on Tuesday nights (guess that answers my what day is it question) and as students we are able to be away from everything and just focus on listening to Ben for an hour. It is something for only Aggie students to attend, but if any of y'all would like to listen or watch the podcasts, you can find them on the Breakaway website here.


In other news...I went home this past weekend to attend my friend Haley's 21st birthday party. We all had a blast just hanging out and catching up! I can't wait until it's my turn in 6 months!! I would post a picture but I have yet to put any of them on my computer. Maybe one day soon!


Also, only TWO more months until I get my Aggie Ring! This Friday is Ring Day for students who qualified after the first summer session. I am SO JEALOUS of them! But like I have said before...I need lessons in patience. 


And in even bigger news...Taylor will be coming to College Station in October! I can't wait, 2 months of not seeing his face is a ridiculously long time. This will be his 2nd visit in a row! Usually we alternate between here and Colorado. It's been a while since I got on a plane and I'm a little sad that I'm going to not get to see all of my Academy friends for a while! But Taylor is pretty cool so I think we'll have lots of fun


This is the FIRST picture of Taylor and I ever from New Years Eve 2007!! How cute are we and how young do we look?! It's hard to believe that it was almost two years ago!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews