Pages

3.12.2010

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have this problem. When I go shopping, I always find so many pretty things that I want. I know how hard it is to resist the temptation of simply buying them all, so I rarely try things on. If I do happen to try something on though, I talk myself out of buying it for one reason or another. Then I force myself to leave the store thinking to myself how much willpower I have shown. Then I get home and kick myself because I look at my closet and all I see are jeans and t-shirts. (I'm the kid that always whined to my mom, "BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO WEARRRRR." It's a never ending cycle!

This past week I did just that. I found this really cute tube dress at Old Navy that would be perfect for Hawaii. It was even on sale! So I tried it on, and yes, it was a little long...but I have learned to overlook and deal with things fitting like that. It turned out to be really cute on and so I of course debated whether or not to buy it. In the end, I walked out of the store empty handed. Regretting it, I decided to go back to the store the next afternoon and go ahead and buy it. They didn't have my size anymore so the store ordered it from a different store in Houston. It arrived today and I have to say...

I don't like it as much anymore. I don't even know when I'm going to wear it after Hawaii so it's going to just sit in my closet like half of my wardrobe already does. I've already decided to take it back.

So the moral of the story is, if it's not worth it the first time, it's probably still not worth it the second time.

Oh and second lesson learned today. I need some self-tanner on my legs ASAP. I can't remember when these things saw the light of day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews