Pages

11.07.2010

The one that doesn't make sense

Ah, another week down. Sometimes the weeks fly by and I'm surprised to find that another weekend has already crept up while others seem to drag on and on and on and . . . well you get the idea and it feels as if the weekend will never arrive. This past week was somewhere in the middle I think. Although thinking back on it, I can't remember much.

One of the main events of the week happened on Friday though. I don't know where my head was but somehow I managed to only put half of my make-up on, forget my lunch and forget my glasses! Forgetting my glasses was my biggest mistake because I found that I needed them the most. We did board races in spelling and math and I had to spend the entire time explaining that they had to write bigger because Ms. Vickery couldn't read anything they wrote! Then I had to drive to Waco after school and I found it extremely hard to read road signs or see at all for that matter. I never knew I had such a vision problem I guess.

I went to sleep last night feeling a little stuffy but somewhere along the way, I woke up with a head cold. One minute I was feeling fine and the next, I couldn't breathe and my voice is gone. Such a fun way to spend a Sunday.

One thing to always remember. Head colds show no preferential treatment. Got a big event coming up and no time to be sick? Head colds don't mind! They'll make themselves comfortable in no time and stick around for however long they want!

The explanation of head colds above has been brought to you by Sudafed. You're welcome.

This past Friday was Jesse's last football game of the season. Thankfully he survived and he is now looking forward to spending more time with his horses. He had such a great season and I am so proud of the little man. I don't know his exact stats but I do know that I heard his name very often on the loudspeaker for tackles so apparently he had a lot of those and I believe he also scored a touchdown. There were a couple of blocked field goals and some recovered fumbles in there as well. Pretty good for a 5'5 135 pound Junior I think!

What I'm most proud of though, are the things that his coaches had to say about him throughout the season. Football may not be his favorite sport, but everyone said that he put all of his effort and heart into every single practice and game. He's such a great kid!

And just because I can't give too much praise without a little embarrassment, I have a little story to share. When Jesse was little, he used to say THE funniest things that we still make fun of today.

One time during P.E., he got a little carried away during a game and pushed down one of his classmates. The teacher pulled him aside and asked him why he would do something like that. He thought for a minute and then said, "I don't know what happened Mrs. Williams, my brain just went LOCO and I pushed him."

Ah! Just one of many funny Jesse stories.

Now, after turning my blog into a Jesse shrine, my cold has made it impossible to think of anything else coherent so I will make this my shortest post ever and peace out.

Disclaimer: I apologize for the disorganization of this post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews