Pages

2.23.2011

Challenges

I've decided that it's time for me to make some changes in my life. Moving back home has allowed me to get into some routines that aren't much on the healthy side. It's nobody's fault but my own of course so it's up to me to make a change for the better.

I want to start on Monday because I feel like it's the best day of the week to start something new.

Here's a list of things I want to change:

1. Cut out soft drinks. It's going to be hard in a house full of soda lovers, but I always feel so much better when I don't drink them. Plus, a case of water is much cheaper than a case of Dr. Pepper!

2. EXERCISE. This is the biggest one for me. Last week I walked for 2 miles and afterwards, I could barely put one foot in front of the other. Obviously my hip/back problems aren't going to go away if I don't strengthen my muscles. I need to kick my butt back into shape.

3. Lots less social media. I spend countless hours checking my facebook and twitter. It's ridiculous. My facebook friends don't need me constantly checking in on them. I'm going to start logging out of facebook and twitter on my phone so that it's harder for me to check in really quick. If somebody contacts me, I get an e-mail and then I can get on and respond to them if I need to.

4. Meal Planning. We are all going in four different directions at our house so there isn't usually a set meal time or a set meal for any given night. Usually we end up snacking around for dinner or heating up something out of a box. We've tried the meal planning before and it was AWESOME. We all knew what was going to be for dinner, we had the correct groceries as well as the recipes so that anyone could make the meal. It took a lot of stress off of Mom and it also helped cut down on the snacking. Of course, we're still trying to get Jesse to eat something besides PB&J's and oreo's.

5. Staying up late. It's currently 2 AM and I have to be up by 6:30 tomorrow. Good decision, right? Of course I get all of my best thinking and creativity done at night, but I am exhausted the next day. Working from home allows me to sleep in, but it still affects me the rest of the day.

I guess I'll stop at 5. I'm really excited about making some positive changes and hopefully being more productive because of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews