Pages

8.01.2011

A Tutorial

Today, I have a quick tutorial for you. I hope you're ready for this one because it's extremely easy.

The first step (take notes because this is the most important part) is to make the outstanding decision to wear jeans on a day that tops 105 degrees outside.

Secondly, you'll want to walk around outside for a while. Preferably to and from your car in the Wal-Mart and mall parking lots. This will give you plenty of inspiration for the upcoming steps.

Next you must go inside your house where your new rolling cutter is conveniently sitting next to your neatly folded jeans. (This is when the light bulb goes on in your head.)

That neatly folded pair of jeans that you've had since high school will probably have holes in the knees that are so big, you almost won't even need to use scissors to cut through them.

Line up the pant legs of your jeans and cut them at the desired length. Then put your new pair of shorts on and roll them up a couple of times.

photo.JPG

You should end up with something like this and immediately feel super proud of yourself.

The last step is the best one. Go to your freezer and grab a popsicle while you congratulate yourself on being so awesome. Preferably grape. 

I have to admit, I've been planning this for a while. I couldn't stand to cut up a pair of jeans though that I still wear, but once I remembered that I had these in the back of my closet at home, I had my mom bring them to me during our visit last week. Perfect! 

I wish I had taken a picture of what they looked like before I cut them but I was in such a distressed state of mind from the heat that I literally completed this in 30 seconds. I kid you not, the holes in the knees were big enough that I could fit my entire leg up to my thigh through them. They were pretty trashy looking. I think I paid $14.00 for them when I was a sophomore. SEVEN years ago. Holy cow I'm old.

I am nowhere near the 90 pounds I weighed in high school so it makes me wonder a little bit what these jeans looked like on me back then if they still fit now. Thank goodness I hid from the camera all those years! 


1 comment:

molly said...

I'm gonna send you all my grape popsicles. My least favorite flavor! Good job on the shorts!

Molly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews