Warning: Side effects may include over sharing.

Are you all ready for a slice of LBMM's life? I know you're your fingernails are suffering in anticipation hearing about all of my new adventures so I'll just go ahead and get started.

The past two weeks for me have been...long. We'll just go with long because really it doesn't seem like February was just last week. I wake up every morning and think to myself, "SURELY it must be at LEAST April by now." Then I realize that I'm an idiot.

Anyways, a couple of weekends ago I went home to Frost to visit my family because I knew how ridiculous March was going to be for me and that I wouldn't get to see them until April. So when I get there on Friday, Jesse was laying on the couch mouth-breathing in the middle of the afternoon. He had come home from school early because he had a sinus infection. As it turns out, EVERYONE in my family had sinus infections.

The family that gets sick together stays together apparently.

Now, I only get sick a couple of times a year and when I do, it's a sinus infection. If someone else has a sinus infection within a 10 mile radius of me, I'll catch it. So needless to say, I was thrilled to be spending all weekend spraying Lysol on everything I touched. I started to feel the tickle in my throat on Sunday night. Then we had the wonderful weather change of the century that I'm sure helped speed things along. Finally by Tuesday night there was no denying that I had a sinus infection. (If you're still reading, congrats. I know how gross this is. Just keepin' it real.)

On Wednesday morning I went to the doctor because, let's be honest, I am the world's biggest baby E-V-E-R when I get sick. I need whatever will help me get better a.s.a.p. and OTC drugs usually don't cut it. I told the doctor my symptoms and that I had just spent the weekend with the Infected, so he examined my throat, stepped back and said, "Well, it looks like strep."
"Is it?"
"Well who knows, but it looks like it is."
I know my student health fees are going places, man.
So he gave me an antibiotic that would, "knock out whatever it was," and sent me on my way.

Luckily, the next day in class I had three rather lengthy assignments due. Which meant, strep or not, I had to go to class. I got everything turned in and then slept for the next 36 hours straight. No lie. The one upside to being sick is having the excuse to sleep whenever possible. Mmmm, sleep.

To be honest, I've been sitting here for almost 5 minutes trying to remember what else I did in the past two weeks. I actually think most of it was spent sleeping.

I discovered sushi! I had it once before while in Colorado but I was suffering from not getting my way that day and refused to enjoy myself. I can't believe I just admitted that.

Anyways, I feel like my world has opened up and I'm constantly suggesting reasons to my friends to go again soon.

Due to the length that this post already is, I'll sum the rest of my activities up in a list!
1. I got my oil changed. I like to keep things adventurous so I went about 7,000 miles before I finally got it done.
2. I had approximately three meltdowns due to my calculus homework. WHO'S idea was it to make that class mandatory? We need to have a talk.
3. I avoided fast food for two weeks. Until today, when I forgot to pack my lunch for my 8-hour teacher training.
4. I ordered my cap and gown and my invitations. Now, let's just hope I can pass my calculus class. All jokes aside, I'm seriously extremely worried about it. I work and work and work on all of the problems and I make it through the homework only to BOMB the tests. I don't understand where I'm going wrong. Just make the test questions like the homework! So, if you don't mind, I would appreciate ALL prayers for this class.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to focus all of my attention on The Incredibles.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews